10 Things on the 10th–Books from my Childhood

Books I read as a little girl (and just remembered thanks to Lynz and hope my girls will be reading them and loving them as much as I did):

1) Hanni & Nanni / St. Clare’s – Enid Blyton (series)

2) Dolly / Malory Towers – Enid Blyton (only first 6 books are from Enid Blyton, the German series has 12 more books in the series) (series)

3) Bille & Zottel – Tina Caspari (series)

4) Blitz, der Schwarze Hengst / The Black Stallion – Walter Farley (series)

5) Misty / Misty of Chincoteague – Marguerite Henry

6) Seestern / Sea Star: Orphan of Chincoteague – Marguerite Henry

7) Britta – Lisbeth Panhke (series)

8) Der Trotzkopf – Emmy von Rhoden (series)

9) Anne of Green Gables – Lucy Maud Montgomery (series)

10) NesthaekchenElse Ury (series)

Think you can see a trend there – books about horses or boarding schools!! Other books I read (that mostly through school were: “…und keiner hat mich gefragt” & “Treffpunkt Weltzeituhr” – Isolde Heyne (books about a girl in an Orphanage in the then GDR who wouldn’t get adopted or is allowed to further her swimming – as her mother is still alive but lives in West Germany) and “Die Wolke” – Gudrun Pausewang (a very scary book which is set after the Tschernobyl nuclear disaster). Not really books you’d like to read and read again as a child, but I think I’d like to re-read them now at some point…

Here are more 10 Things on Shimelle’s Blog (plus linkies of the others who took part in 2011) – I hope she’ll continue this in 2012! Smile

Comments

Lynz said…
I LOVED the St Clares and Mallory Towers books! I'd forgotten all about them - I wonder if Holly would go for them. She's getting to that age. Great list, Kat!
Alison said…
I was a Mallory Towers and St Clare's girl too Kat...and also loved The Chalet School series
Alison xx
Miriam said…
This is such a great list, I am going to try to remember some of the books I liked as a child. I think they would be lovely to read as an adult.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!