Conditioned Kids??? ;)

Right … ok … DH and I had the discussion that an average 2.5 year old has a vocabulary of about 200 words apparently. And we wondered if we should be worried that our girls have a fairly big portion of geekdom/fandom in their vocabulary (Doctor Who, Tardis, Dalek, Cyberman, Loki)… Winking smile Not that we conditioned them or anything. And we haven’t even STARTED them on The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings yet… Winking smile 

 

Now … I think I can claim that I was a geeky child  … must have happened much later in life, in my teens and maybe even twens. While I believe Hubby ALWAYS was a geek in one way or the other. Open-mouthed smile

 

As for the girls… ummm… they don’t WATCH much Doctor Who and only know Loki from some Youtube stuff. And yet they seem to soak everything up, can see even the “old” Doctor Who actors and identify them properly as Doctor Who!

And then we visit my mum … she’s got a couple of Hundertwasser (Austrian painter) Calendar Pages framed (and I remember them from my childhood, they’ve just ALWAYS been on the wall back then)… And this time I had a good look at it, and the girls are always sitting opposite it at the table…

 

2013-12-10 19.39.06

Very abstract painting. But this time I saw something … and the girls obviously saw the same thing, as both said “Doctor Who!” And then Miss Martian quipped “TARDIS”. Now… why have I never seen this before?!?!?! Or at least in the last 10 years (since I was introduced to Doctor Who (older ones) and then the Restart of the series with Christopher Eccleston) ??

Here a closer look – and it’s not the Vortex that caught the girls’ and my eye… it’s the TARDIS in there!! Winking smile 

2013-12-10 19.38.57

Unbelievable!!! Winking smile 

My Mum said she got the calendar in the 70’s … now … was he influenced by Doctor Who? Winking smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!