15 years today ... and still is heartbreaking!

15th anniversary of a very sad day.

I've just read my blog post from 2011, and it's still hard to understand how this could happen and it is still affecting people in different ways.

I wonder if my girls will see some memorial bits in the news today. How do you even try to explain to children that there are very nasty people out there who inflict things like that on a lot of people, actually on the whole human race?

I know that we've had other attacks since then and closer to home as well, but in my eyes this was "the big one", maybe even the one which started everything off. It was too close to home back then too, as we knew people living & working in NYC at that time.

We've not been back since 2010, when the memorial was still being built, but I would like to go back to New York one year with the girls. To see the finished memorial. And maybe try to explain (which is nigh impossible! Nobody CAN explain an action like that! There was no rational thought behind it!) to the girls, explain to myself.


To think that things are still going on, even worse ... does nobody learn from history?!?!? Can we not all agree to make the world a better place for our children????!!

I'm sad for all the families directly affected by 9/11, who lost loved ones. Both in NYC and affected by United 93 and at the Pentagon. And for everyone who've been affected by what happened that day ... but this will be a really high number of people.

And I WANT to keep note of what happened ... !!! To remember!

History of the 9/11 attacks

And I still listen to  Don Henley's "New York Minute" every year on September 11th, despite the lyrics not fitting. Just the refrain!


In a New York Minute
Everything can change
In a New York Minute
Things can get pretty strange
In a New York Minute
Everything can change
In a New York Minute


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!